Saturday, April 12, 2008

In which I outline the Rules

1) All of these stories have to be mine. Other people can show up, of course, but these stories are about my experiences, not someone else's. I am the Protagonist (or Antagonist). If you want to read about the time my fiance went hang-gliding, you can read his blog. Which he doesn't have. Which is the point of this blog: if you want your story told, tell it yourself. Also, no names will be used unless I'm given explicit permission... though if you're a regular reader of Reviewing Whatever, you can probably figure out most of the key players.

2) There are things I will not talk about. My job is one. It's not interesting, for one thing. For another, I don't want to betray any of the people I work with. Also, nothing I say reflects the views of the company or its employees. Another is personal stuff. Will I tell you about how I'm a terrible pessimist? Absolutely. Will I tell you why that is? No, I will not. If you do some detective work, I'm sure you can find my LiveJournal, but I'm not going to make it easy for you.

3) The hard part. Something good must come from everything. Like I just said, I'm a pessimist. So for every story I tell, I have to include the lesson I learned, or the insight I gained, or the really cool picture I took, or something.

I'll likely be updating these as I go.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Hypnoticat' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP